Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Curse of the Polyartisan

Much like Ado Annie could not deny the advances of any man, I'm just a girl who can't say no to new art mediums. In a marketing driven world of easily recognizable brands, this may seem at best counter-intuitive. Despite the risks associated with art multitasking, I must fuel my creative need for variety lest I lose my damn mind doing the same thing day after day.
I realize too, that I need not share each thing that falls forth from my frighteningly fecund brain. Trust me - I don't. Some ideas, though, are simply too rich to keep buried in the artist's attic. I am willing to risk creating a little confusion in order to share the wealth of rich absurdity I stumble upon during the course of a creative session.
So, despite what the marketing gurus may say, I will continue to make art with every available medium. I will offer the world a rich diversity of goods: paintings, upcycled vintage goods, jewelry, accoutrements. All stamped with the signature of my singular vision. I do this because I'm not an advertiser, I'm an artist.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Add me on Facebook